outside in the garden


Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com



Search GardenWeb:


 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Astragene, with thanks to Garden web

Wednesday, November 07, 2001

 
I finished raking the front, at least, last weekend and got a big pile of leaves out to the street. The Town vacuum truck hasnt been around since, and the pile is slowly mushing down to not much, while the lawn is recovered by additional falling leaves. I often wonder what is the point of all this raking? Why not leave them where they fall?
We've had a few light frosts and the potted plants out on the table in back have mostly died. I went back there yesterday and saw that my aunt's cactus still seems viable, so I brought it in. It badly needs re-potting, a job I dislike when it comes to cactuses.

The following weekend Sandy helped me and we re-potted a dozen or so plants, breaking some up into two or three new houseplants.