outside in the garden


Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com



Search GardenWeb:


 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Astragene, with thanks to Garden web

Saturday, March 30, 2002

Spring!
 
Spring at last! Today we went to the Wadsworth Athaneum in Hartford to see the exhxibit on loan from the Baltimore Museum of Art. I enjoyed seeig photographs of the Cone sisters of Baltimore, who were art collectors and hung out in Paris in the 30s and 40s with Gertrude Stein, Matisse and their ilk. It was invigorating to browse thrrough an art museum, and Kate and Peggy enjoyed it too, I believe.

We had an elegant lunch at the museum cafe and later sat in the park next to the Athaneum where Alexander Calder's giant orange Stegasaurus stands. We marked my birthday with this event :-))