outside in the garden


Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com



Search GardenWeb:


 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Astragene, with thanks to Garden web

Sunday, April 07, 2002

Flowering Cactus loves fresh air -- me too!
 
Yesterday during the sunny part of the day, I took my Christmas cactus outside for a look at the weather. I hosed it pretty well and set it on the porch where it was sheltered from the wind and getting slighly filtered early afternoon sun.

It was very happy! Like me, it loved the clear mountain air. I dont live in the mountains, but in a low-lying river valleynot far from the coast. Instead of our typical mild misty-moisty April, we've been having clear cold mountainous late February. The air is so fresh you want to gulp it in -- I did, in fact, went out on the porch and breathed deeply as long as I could stand it. Delicious.