outside in the garden


Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com



Search GardenWeb:


 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Astragene, with thanks to Garden web

Sunday, May 19, 2002

Neighbor cat nips
 
Ok, so I was wrong! a big tough neighboring tom cat rolled in the planter a couple of days ago, mangling the catnip pretty much beyond repair and mashing and uprooting some of the other plants. We lifted out the remains of the catnip and picked up and dusted off the other plants bloodied but unbowed. Catnip has been potted and put in a sunny window, and we're all hoping he will pull through.

Last night there was frost in much of Connecticut. The only plant of ours that seems to have suffered is the sweet potato plant, a pretty lime colored plant with very tender leaves. They looked a bit wilted this morning when I went out at 5:30. I laid my hand over it for a bit to warm it.