outside in the garden


Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com



Search GardenWeb:


 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Astragene, with thanks to Garden web

Sunday, September 22, 2002

Sluggard, me
 
I haven't been doing any gardening at all for about 2 weeks. Well, really what's to be done? My keg of tomatoes are slo-o-wly ripening, and my book says to cut back on fertilizer and water to get them to focus on repening, not new flowers, new growth. So I am watching and waiting and every several days I pick another ripe tomato.
There are a couple of my tiny golf-ball-sized cukes in the fridge as well. They were tasty, but they did not exactly flourish. Could be cukes don't do well in containers... or in heat... or. I don't know that much about it, actually.

There is a considrable amount of cleanup top be done outside... since the big blow, still some branches and stuff lying around, plus the leaves have started their annual Fall.