outside in the garden


Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com



Search GardenWeb:


 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Astragene, with thanks to Garden web

Thursday, January 23, 2003

Hunkered down
 
It's been cold this month. Feels more like upstate New York or Central Maine than southeast Connecticut. 0o F. ( or about -17 C) is not what I have become accustomed to. When I moved to Connecticut 30 years ago, one of the things I liked about it was that it seemed to combine the best features of New York (where I grew up) and Maine (where I had often vacationed and had been living for a few years). And this little piece of the state where I've lived lately has very mild winters, being just south of the rain-snow line. We do get some snow-- just a few years ago, we had a March blizzard that dumped a foot and a half of snow. (Of course, the places i used to live got 2 1/2 feet!).