outside in the garden


Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com



Search GardenWeb:


 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Astragene, with thanks to Garden web

Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Long winter
 
Last Thursday, March 6, we had another 8 inches of snow. It rained since then, and some of the snow melted but then it got cold again adn we still have quite a bit around, everywhere but the roads and walkways, which we did manage to clear off and the melt completed that job.

It continues cold here. This is the longest winter in my memory since moving to Connecticut in 1968. Of course in Maine and Vermont we had longer winters on a regular basis; and my childhood winters in upstate New York were long and snowy as well.

I love winter, but like anything, you can have too much of a good thing, and in Connecticut, most years, we have had just a nice amount of winter.

It is my hope that crocuses and daffodils are faring well under that snow. Normally they would have popped up by now. They may in fact have popped up, but still be buried in the snow.