outside in the garden


Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com



Search GardenWeb:


 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Astragene, with thanks to Garden web

Saturday, May 24, 2003

Long weekend
 
Monday is Memorial Day and we have a long weekend . When I was growing up, one did not wear white shoes (nor carry the matching white bag and hat, of course) before Memorial Day, nor after labor Day, the pair of long weekends that bracket the summer. I hardly ever wear white anymore.
Traditionally a day for picnics and parades, we have before us the prospect of nothing but rain, except possibly a bit of sun on SUNday, which will thus be the on possible day for lawn mowing (it needs it!) picnicking, or any other januts. The rest of the weekend could be spent tucked up on the sofa with a book.
Alas, I finished my weekend mystery story this morning.