outside in the garden


Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com



Search GardenWeb:


 

Powered by Blogger Pro™

Astragene, with thanks to Garden web

Sunday, August 17, 2003

Bleeding heart
 
There is a lovely photo of bleeding hearts at the Travelling eGarden Journal. Kate's "travelling garden" refers to the fact that she has started a garden, then moved, then started a garden, then moved again-- and again. Just recently she bought a summer cottage in Maine and it's all hers, to do with as she likes. But she carries all the other gardens in her heart, so the bleeding heart is a good plant for her.

Her bleeding heart is the large, cutivated variety. I have some sort of uncultivated ones, or possibly what I have is an old fashioned variety -- I recall the same thing in my grandmother's garden in the 1950s.